Friday, June 28, 2013

What I hope you learned...

This Sunday will be my last to teach the Ladies Sunday School class that I have been leading for the last 3 years as my family will be moving on soon. I have learned so much by teaching and I hope they have been blessed by my teaching as well. Here are a few thoughts I will share with my ladies as they look forward to the next journey of Bible learning they will embark on: 


If you learned nothing else from my teaching, I hope you learned this: 


The gospel of Jesus Christ is the foundation of our faith and must always be the focus and motivation of everything in our lives.

Some other important thoughts I hope you remember:


      1. The main jobs of the local church are: worship, discipleship, evangelism, fellowship, & prayer – we need to be involved together in these things.


      2.  God’s Word is our standard – we must test everything we read & hear to see if it agrees with Scripture. (Even our favorite speakers & authors)


     3.  God’s Word is our sword – whether we face temptation, conflict with others or the world, we must let God’s Word fight for us, not our own emotional reasoning. That means we have to read and know the Bible to apply it to our struggles.


     4.  True followers of Christ strive to obey the Ten Commandments – basically, love God and love others. This can only happen when we stop being selfish – stop worshipping ourselves, acting as though the world revolves around me, my wants and my plans.


 As you continue in Bible study, may the truth of God’s Word continue to mold and shape you to be more like Christ all the days of your life.
                                                                                                With all my love, Taryn
 

No comments:

Post a Comment