Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Ways of God - Following the Narrow Path

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

I once was a little girl with dreams
I hoped would come true someday
Of being a ballerina
Or the princess in a parade
Maybe I'd be the president
Or just mayor of my town
I would be a teacher
Or a doctor with a cure to be found
But as I grew up my dreams began to change
The things I once thought possible
Are now completely out of range
God had something else in mind
A place for me in His will
If I seek after Him with all my heart
My desires He will fill
The world is more complicated
Than I ever thought that it could be
But thanks to God's eternal plan
His ways are higher than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment