Thursday, November 14, 2013
Easy Homemade Lasagna
6 lasagna noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
8 oz. container of small curd cottage cheese
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown beef and drain. Add spaghetti sauce and a pinch of garlic salt, let simmer on low while preparing other ingredients.
2. Boil noodles for 5-7 minutes or until "al dente" (not too hard, not too soft).
3. Mix cottage cheese and 3 cups of mozzarella together.
4. Spread spoonful of meat sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan. (So noodles won't stick to the bottom of the pan.)
5. Place 3 noodles in pan. Layer with 1/2 of cheese mix, then 1/2 of meat sauce. Repeat with remaining noodles, cheese mix, and meat sauce.
6. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. (This last step is important, or lasagna will be runny.)