Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sounds like Church

"Worthy of worship, worthy of praise, worthy of honor and glory..."*

"Mom, it sounds like church in here."

It's the best compliment I could ask for from a six year old boy.

It's 8:30 - bedtime. I'm sitting on the couch singing hymns and praise songs to my restless little ones as they toss and turn on the mattresses in the living room floor. Trying to get 3 kids to all go to sleep in the same room, at the same time, when it's still light outside it a challenging feat. The house we are renting for the summer doesn't have central air and the last few days have been HOT. Plus, we are moving next week, so it made the sense to put the three younger kids in the same room downstairs with a fan and pack up their bedrooms. A whole week of this may make me reconsider my forward thinking plan. But in the mean time, I will keep singing because I always want my home to sound like church...

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship his holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
Worship his holy name**

*Words by Mark Blankenship; **Words by Matt Redman

No comments:

Post a Comment