Thursday, September 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday: RED

Prompt: RED

Lots of things come to mind with the word RED:

My son's favorite color RED - because it's the color for stop at the traffic light (um, okay?! not sure why that makes it your favorite, but if you say so, son!)

Go RED for Women - the American Heart Association's Initiative for Women's Heart Health (I worked for AHA for 2 1/2 years, so I celebrate heart month every Feb.)

Bright RED lipstick - because I'm jealous of Drew Barrymore and my friend Sara who can confidently wear bright red lipstick with beautiful femininity.

But most importantly, the RED blood of Jesus - that was shed as the payment for my sins - that I am forgiven and made right with God only by His sacrifice for me!

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
O, precious is the flow, that makes me white at snow 
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

(Hymn written by Robert Lowery)




Five Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo Baker and hundreds of others. We write for five minutes. All on the same prompt. No extreme editing. No worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.Unscripted. Unedited. Real. 

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the chain and flow of your thoughts here!! Nice one! And I love that hymn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taryn! I can just hear Amy Grant singing that song, so beautiful! That blood is beautiful too, it means the purpose of my life can be to thank him for the chance to see him in heaven.

    Good to see you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete